Access your courses with a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Videos and interactive content designed for a proven learning experience.
Take your courses when you want and where you want.
Coach Yourself Thin is an effective guide for understanding the weight loss journey, including the barriers and the tools for making the necessary “thinking shifts” for lasting change. Many overweight clients believe that they alone must take responsibility for their weight loss and yet don’t believe they can make the necessary changes. They are likely to try fad diets and then make excuses when they falter, or blame themselves and focus on personal short-comings.
Coach Yourself Thin outlines the major obstacles to weight loss and how to move past them through tools and exercises designed to help clients create an expansive vision, set effective goals, restore balance in their lives, focus on the positive, raise awareness through mindfulness exercises, build self-efficacy and more.
1. Be able to understand what is meant by the “Quick Fix Mindset” and how it is a barrier to lifestyle change.
2. Be able to describe in detail seven obstacles that the overweight client commonly struggles to overcome.
3. Be able to describe in detail five shifts in thinking integral to the lifestyle change process called the Five Stepping-Stones to Change
4. Be able to identify at least one specific coaching tool for each of the Five Stepping-Stones to Change.
5. Be able to write an expansive wellness vision and powerful, personal, and effective goals.
NOTE: The video is optional. It is not required to attain CEUs.
|Coach Yourself Thin: 5 Essential Skills for Facilitating Sustainable Weight Loss |
Coach Yourself Thin Self-Study CEU for Nutrition & Fitness Professionals. Includes Book and Online Test.